And Then I Am Gone
A Walk with Thoreau
By Mathias B. Freese
Published: September 2017
Formats Available For Review: Print (limited quantities, only available to qualified reviewers/bloggers in the U.S.), kindle
And Then I Am Gone: A Walk with Thoreau tells the Story of a New York City man who becomes an Alabama man. Despite his radical migration to simpler living and a late-life marriage to a saint of sorts, his persistent pet anxieties and unanswerable questions follow him. Mathias Freese wants his retreat from the societal “it” to be a brave safari for the self rather than cowardly avoidance, so who better to guide him but Henry David Thoreau, the self-aware philosopher who retreated to Walden Pond “to live deliberately” and cease “the hurry and waste of life”? In this memoir, Freese wishes to share how and why he came to Harvest, Alabama (both literally and figuratively), to impart his existential impressions and concerns, and to leave his mark before he is gone.
• The i Tetralogy: Allbooks Review Editor’s Choice Award 2007
• Down to a Sunless Sea: National Indie Excellence finalist Book Awards 2007 &
• Allbooks Reviews Editor’s Choice Award 2007.
• This Mobius Strip of Ifs: National Indie (Winner) Book Awards, 2012 & Global Ebook Award finalist, 2012.
• I Truly Lament: Working Through the Holocaust: Finalist in the 2012 Leapfrog Press Fiction Contest out of 424 submissions, Beverly Hills Book Awards, Winner;
• Readers’ Favorites, Five Stars; Indie Excellence Book Awards, Finalist; Readers’
• Favorite, Book Award Winner – Bronze medal
• Tesserae: A Memoir of Two Summers: 2016 Los Angeles Book Festival Honorable Mention, Great Northwest Book Festival Winner in Biography/Autobiography
• Category, Runner-up in General Non-Fiction Category in the San Francisco Book Festival, Winner for General Non-Fiction in The Beach Book Festival & Runner-Up in General Non-Fiction in the Paris Book Festival
MATHIAS B. FREESE is a multi-published, award-winning author, writer, teacher and psychotherapist.
Request a Review Copy
Mathias B. Freese
Publication/Blog, Site(s) that you review for:
URL of site/publication (or your profile on Amazon or GoodReads):
City, State, Zip:
Email Address of Reviewer:
Title and Author of each book you want to review:
Format Preference for each book**
*if you only post reviews on Amazon.com or GoodReads, it’s ok, just give us a link to your profile so we can see your latest reviews.
**please note, the formats available are listed for each book, please don’t request a print copy of a book that we are only offering as an ebook
We will NOT respond to any requests that do not have full information listed. Sorry, but we need this information to determine if the author wants to send a review copy.
It is up to the author or publisher to handle review requests. They have the discretion to approve or deny any and all requests as they see fit.
**Also, remember you are receiving free copies of the book in exchange for a review. Authors work hard to release great titles and if you do request a copy please don’t forget to leave a review on Amazon (preferably) and/or GoodReads, or on your blog or publication.